Monday 20 February 2012

He will kill me........

But I just can't resist it!! Today is the first day back for all the students, many of them when to a party last night, people had birthdays and some just didn't get much rest over the holidays ( a bit like me and Del) but this picture has really made my day!

This is Stu, I have never seen him so tired, and it was only when I was on my way into the blacksmiths studio to look at the wall space did I see him, fast asleep, half way through writing!!

I think a lot of us felt like this today, last week was full on and none of us have had any decent rest, so we left him sleeping ( I couldn't resist going into the workshop to tell Mhairi ) until most of us were ready to go home and get some rest ourselves.

Today we got through so much, we had creative practice lectures from Mel and Ambrose, second year Blacksmiths were given a two day utensil brief to get their creative juices going and we checked out some of the work the students have been getting up to over reading week.

Tomorrow I shall post some images from Ambrose and Mel's session, along with some of the images collected by students for their new brief, but for now, here is one of my hardest working students, taking a bit of time out!!

Its moments like this that remind me that teaching is so much more than the stuff we deliver, its all about people!

No comments:

Post a Comment